“Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before you break 'em.”
― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time
A WhatsApp group has been created for Grain SA members to stay in contact with each other about things pertaining to Grain SA and grain production in general – related to your area. The intention is to create a positive and pleasant experience for all members. Please remember that this group is not the platform for expressing personal opinion, unless asked to provide feedback. We are all here to help each other and keep each other informed, not vent and undermine each other.
For this form of communication to stay effective and positive for all members, the below rules must be adhered to by everyone on the WhatsApp group. Violating these rules will lead to group removal, at the discretion of the group administrator.
- When replying to a specific comment from a person, use the “reply” function to make sense of your comment and avoid confusion.
- Refrain from sending voice notes.
- Post your message in one single piece of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message.
- Be Respectful:
- You may not use threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language and swearing is not allowed. Terms and comments of a sexual nature are not allowed. If you are unsure if a comment is appropriate, rather not post it.
- NO jokes, religious comments (regardless of intention), hate speech, racism, politics, adult material or anything that may be considered controversial, offensive or hurtful to anyone is allowed.
- Personal attacks (verbal or otherwise) against any person, inside the group or out, will NOT be tolerated.
- NO advertising will be allowed on this group unless approved by admins. Only admins may post the advertisement.
- No arguing, no heated opinions, no fear mongering, no hyped up drama, no fake news. Check your sources before you share.
- Do not have one-on-one conversations in the group. Switch to private messages.
- Be Relevant: If you are part of an “open” group, keep chat pertaining to grain related topics. Non-related topics or personal chat can be done privately. We don’t want to flood the channel.
- Be Reasonable:
- Don’t send messages late at night or in the early morning hours unless it is an emergency that everyone should be aware of.
- Please remember that admins may not always be able to respond immediately and that they will as soon as they can.
Due to circumstances and incidents, these rules may be amended and changed from time to time. Group members will be advised of these changes. By remaining on the group you will be considered as having read, understood and agreeing to these changes.
- Admins reserve the right to remove members who won’t adhere to these rules and/or Admins’ instructions.
- If a group member has been warned about behaviour on the group before, they may be removed without notice if the offence is repeated or any other offence is committed.
- If in doubt, contact the group admin.
The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), was effective as of 30 June 2021. We take the protection of your personal information seriously and therefore GRAIN SA/GRAAN SA would like to assure you of the following:
If you no longer wish to receive communication from us, or be part of the group you can leave the group.
Please be assured that none of your data is shared or sold to third parties, it is safely guarded and will only be used for its intended purposes.
If you need more information or have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com