06 May 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
‘Platform for your agri future’ is a spot-on summary of what awaits visitors to the NAMPO Harvest Day – which is popular with producers and a large portion of the public with an emotional link to agriculture.
And popular it definitely is! After a record attendance of almost 83 000 visitors last year, Grain SA is ready to host the 53rd Harvest Day outside Bothaville in the Free State from 14 to 17 May. ‘NAMPO is our exhibition platform where producers come into contact with the latest technology. The Harvest Day is a wonderful place for father and son to dream together about beautiful cattle or a vehicle, with something to see for everyone in the family,’ said Jannie de Villiers, CEO of Grain SA.
According to Danie Minnaar, chairperson of the Harvest Day committee, NAMPO is a top-class show boasting 775 exhibitors, 50 of whom are international exhibitors, this year. Organised groups of exhibitors from the USA, United Kingdom, France, Brazil, Canada, Argentina and Italy, as well as individual exhibitors from Denmark, China and Turkey, are present. ‘The fact that we can accommodate 60 new exhibitors shows that the Harvest Day is a dynamic show that is still growing and remains in line with the most recent developments in agriculture,’ Danie added.
To relieve pressure on traffic and the inflow of vehicles, a second entrance was erected on the northern side of the site. This new addition, North Gate (Gate 4), is located at the Santam Hall between the Members’ Hall and the existing North Gate (Gate 3). The flow of incoming visitors should be smooth after revolving gates with fixed scanners were installed at all entrances. They replace the previous hand scanners, increase ease of access and eliminate long queues.
Tickets can be bought online beforehand at www.ticketpros.co.za at R90 per day for Tuesday and Friday, and R100 per day for Wednesday and Thursday. The tickets are R20 cheaper if they are bought online. NAMPO tickets are linked to a date and are valid only for a specific day.
As always, Grain SA is proud to receive its members at NAMPO Park. The golf cart rides and steaming cappuccinos and hot chocolate served by the John Deere Financial baristas have become customary. Refreshments are offered throughout the day in the Members' Hall, with a cool sundowner on the members’ veranda later in the day. Members are reminded that their complimentary tickets are available exclusively on the Joyn app this year. Links and instructions for Android and Apple smart phones are available on the Grain SA website. Sign up with your cell phone number and gain access to all Grain SA’s communications, services and benefits on one platform.
At the Members' Hall producers will have access to live Safex information, and Grain SA’s economists will be on duty to assist with enquiries. A ‘Seed to seed’ exhibition at the Grain SA/NAMPO Experience Centre in the entrance to the Members’ Hall depicts the grain path and how the organisation contributes to the grain value chain to promote sustainable production.
Other highlights of NAMPO 2019
- The best of the breeders is showcased in the livestock division, and include cattle, sheep, pig, horse and goat breeds that are officially registered with SA Stud Book. A daily livestock programme of static exhibitions, inter-breed adjudications, presentation parades, and a youth show are on the programme.
- A new livestock arena was constructed behind the Cattle complex, where show-horse and cattle demonstrations take place daily at scheduled times.
- Game and game-related exhibitors are present again in the Wildlife Ranching SA (WRSA) Hall, close to the 4x4 trail.
- Visitors with an appetite for 4x4 vehicle action or who are adventurous enough to want to experience motorcycles, four-wheelers and side-by-sides first hand, must make sure that they do not miss the daily demonstrations at the Standard Bank 4x4 and Maxxis Adventure Track motorcycle trails.
- NAMPO’s well-known competition for resourceful farmer patents is displaying a new face this year. It is now known as Agricultural Farmer Plans, and is still sponsored by Omnia and presented on the same site. Landbouweekblad’s involvement as media partner gave new momentum to the competition, which also boasts different divisions for entry. Do not miss this.
- Also visit the seed plots to the east of the grounds, where you can view the grain and feed crops of leading seed companies. A couple of seed exhibitors also moved their exhibitions to the seed plots this year.
- A fully equipped high-definition studio has been rigged up for the Nation in Conversation programme, which is also filmed during NAMPO. Approximately 80 guests can be accommodated in the audience per discussion. Each discussion is streamed live to the Nation in Conversation smart phone app and various online platforms. Visitors to the grounds can follow conversations live on the big screens located near to the VIP area.
- Stretch your visit to NAMPO 2019 by using some of the nine tractor trailers that follow three different routes across the grounds.
- The NAMPO logo is well known by this time and clothing and promotional items with the NAMPO brand will be offered for sale in the NAMPO Hall again.
- The white tent close to the Polkadot tea garden is once more the home of NAMPO’s Ladies’ Programme in collaboration with Network 24. With the theme of ‘Give new life to your forgotten resolutions’, this is a must for women. Well-known personalities like Nadine Vosloo, Mareli Visser, Michelle van Breda, Jak de Priester and Retha de Villiers are performing.
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking that there is a lack of beautiful things for women at NAMPO. More than 80 exhibitors of household items promise a wonderful shopping experience for female visitors. In addition to Die Padstal, which ensures a true deli experience, about 12% of the exhibition areas are aimed at the finer tastes like clothing, jewellery, accessories, natural products, paintings, decorations, décor, and more.
- A brand-new Senwes playground for children has been created behind the SAMPI Hall, where the kids are entertained with educationally stimulating activities, under strict supervision.
Visit www.nampo.co.za or download the NAMPO Harvest Day app from your favourite app store. SA Graan/Grain magazine's NAMPO edition (April 2019) contains a colourful overview of the Harvest Day and is also available on the Grain SA website. Grain SA Radio, in collaboration with OFM, broadcasts on 99.2 FM from the grounds and reception is available in a radius around NAMPO Park.
Gates open at 07:00 and close at 17:00. Route directions as well as details on the private air strip appear on the website and the NAMPO app.
NAMPO 2019 icon:
The theme of Grain SA’s NAMPO Harvest Day for 2019 is: ‘Platform for your agri future’.
Grain SA Communications
Toit Wessels, Ass Manager: NAMPO & Marketing
086 004 7246 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.grainsa.co.za