09 Mar 2018
Grain SA recognises the need for, and supports land reform and transformation in South Africa. At its annual Congress yesterday, Grain SA passed a motion on land reform and reiterated it is completely possible to achieve land reform within the confines of the current Constitution, which the organisation respects.
This motion on land reform emphasis that:
- Grain SA recognises the need for, and supports land reform and transformation in South Africa
- Grain SA also recognises the need for a thriving and prosperous grain sector to sustain and enhance food security
- Grain SA must and will continue to advocate for and aspire to the handover of title deeds to the beneficiaries of Land Reform
- Grain SA will as a matter of urgency, seek out and engage with the ruling party and make every effort to reach consensus on all aspects of this matter.
- Until such time as consensus is reached the current constitution is upheld.